How to Apply
Applications are made in response to the admission announcements appear in the form of advertisements in the prominent newspapers of the country.
Admissions are conducted according to an admission schedule, which is prominently displayed in these admission notices. The procedure consists of following steps.
Show All Steps
1) Online Admission Application
- Candidates are required to apply on CIIT online admission System by following Link
- After submitting the online application, the printed copy of the same along with the required documents, as mentioned in Online Admission Portal , must be submitted to our Campus. Candidate may mention three programs preference for admission on one application form.
- All admissions at our Campus will be offered provisionally and will be confirmed once all the desired formalities are met and all the required documents are submitted by the student.
- In case of final result of previous examination is awaited, then provision of Hope Certificate/ affidavits (if applicable), from the school/college last attended can provide the basis for a conditional provisional offer of admission in our campus. This provisional offer is confirmed once the final result has been submitted and eligibility criteria fully met, including the submission of required documents by the student. A specimen of “Hope Certificate” is available on admission portal.
- Admission applications must be submitted within due date advertise at the time of admission. Late admission forms shall not be entertained.
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria here before submitting their online application forms to confirm that they are academically eligible for admission into the program of their choice.
2) Entrance Test
Applicants are needed to have valid relevant NTS score (NAT, GAT General/Subject) at the time of application. However after the last date of submissions of admission forms, entrance test will be conducted by NTS according to the admission schedule OR on a given date as notified by NTS through www.nts.org.pk and the print media. All admissions shall be regulated on the basis of merit determined by the weightage criteria as mention below.
|For Bachelor Degree
|Matric or equivalence
|Intermediate or equivalence
|NTS NAT-I Test
|For Master Degree (16 years degree)
|Matric or equivalence
|Intermediate or equivalence
|Bachelor or equivalence
|NTS NAT-II Test
3) Merit List
A list of shortlisted candidates is displayed on specified dates in campus notice boards as well as on CIIT website by the respective Admission Offices. However applicants are urged to make proactive efforts to know the status of their application for admission by either visiting our Campus or CIITs Website.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to appear for interviews in respective departments to ascertain their suitability in the program in which admission is being sought. Candidates will get a phone call after the display of merit list, if an interview is scheduled by their respective department.
5) Display of Merit List and Admission Offer Letter
The merit list is displayed on the notice boards as well as on CIIT website. After initial scrutiny of the documents, selected candidates will be issued “Provisional Admission Offer Letter” along with a Bank Challan Form for payment of dues. The payment deadline will be announced along with the merit lists display. The payment is received online, through a demand draft, or in cash at the University’s bank booth. The documents as well as the drafts can be sent via courier at the following address:
COMSATS Institute of Information technology,
University Road, Abbottabad
0992-383591-6. Ext: 375, 311
6) Provisional Admissions
All admissions at our campus will be offered provisionally and will be confirmed once all the desired formalities are met and required documents are submitted by the student. Candidates applying on the basis of Hope certificate are also conditionally provisionally admitted and must ensure that their result are received in the admission office of our Campus within 20 teaching days; otherwise their admission will be cancelled. Those getting admission on Hope Certificate/ Affidavit, if could not obtain the minimum qualifying marks or failed to submit in time the equivalence certificate of foreign qualification/examination, on the basis of which they applied for admission, shall have no right to continue their studies and their admissions shall stand cancelled whenever identified.
7) Acceptance of Provisional Admission Offer
Selected candidates are required to accept their Provisional Admission Offer by submitting the signed letter in this regard together with paying the non-refundable admission and tuition fee within the specified dates. Provisional admission will only be confirmed, through a letter, once the payment of fee is confirmed and all the desired documents have been submitted by the student, verified and candidate has been found eligible for admission. If candidate fail to confirm enrollment by the given deadline, selection will stand cancelled and the seat will be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list.
8) Orientation Session
CIIT Abbottabad schedules an orientation session for all new students to welcome and acquaint them with general policies and services of Institute.Registration for courses is also completed at this time. Attendance at this session is mandatory. This is a good chance for students to become familiar with their new environment as well as interact with instructors and peers.