Hostel Regulations are hereby notified for the information and necessary action by all concerned.
1. Whereas it is expedient and in the interest of an efficient administration of CIIT hostels the following regulations are provided.
(a)These regulations may be called " CIIT " Hostel Regulations 2002".
(b) These regulations shall come into force with immediate effect.
2. The following terms and expression unless repugnant to the context shall have the meanings assigned to them as under.
(a). "Hostels Discipline Committee" means the committee appointed by the Rector for the maintenance of discipline in the CIIT hostel.
(b). "Officers In- Charge Student Affairs of the CIIT.
(c). "Senior Warden "means and officer so appointed by the rector for the hostel management.
(d). "Provost” means the provost of the CIIT.
(e). "CUT hostel" means a hostel established by the CIIT for the residence of CIIT students.
(f). "Mess Committee"means the committee constituted by the provost under to be framed by him/her.
All others expressions shall have same meanings as assigned to them under the CIIT ordinance 2000.
3. Students admitted in the CUT teaching Institute/department for Bachelors and Master's programs shall be eligible to apply for accommodation in the CIIT hostels. All applicants shall file an affidavit along with their application posing that he/she.
(i). Has no permanent or temporary accommodation available to him/her in:
a) IslamabadlRawalpindi. (for Islamabad campus)
b) Abbottabad. (for Abbottabad campus)
c) Wah (for Wah campus)
d) Lahore. (for Lahore campus)
(ii). Is neither employed anywhere in any capacity in
Islamabad/Rawalpindi/Wah/Lahore(as the case may be) nor receiving any house rent subsidy.
(iii). Is a bonafide resident of district.
Note: Any statement found to be false at any stage will entitle for failure of accommodation in CIIT hostel forthwith without any hindrance or further correspondence
4. The students found to be in Bachelor's and Master's Programmes may be admitted for
one semester at a time and continue up to maximum of semester subject to good behavior in hostel and satisfactory progress in class.
5. Students' residents of CIIT hostels shall pay hostel dues at rates approved by the Rector from time to time. They will be required to produce clearance certificate from the treasurer with regard to payment of dues before registration for courses in each semester.
PEACE, HARMONY AND GOOD BEHAVIOR
6. Decency, good behavior and fellow feeling will be promoted by all residents of hostel and hostel administration subject to the general supervision and control of Warden/Provost.
7. The Provost may issue instruction from time to time for observing night timing for marking attendance.
8. a) Written permission from the warden will be necessary for staying outside the hostel.
b) In case of absence from the hostel for a week, the defaulting resident of the hostel may forfeit his accommodation and the warden may open the lock and deposit the luggage for safe custody and draw up an inventory to the Provost.
9. Playing of music, making noise or indulging in rowdy behavior which may; cause inconvenience or be a nuisance to other residents of the hostel is strictly abided at the cost of fine and the warning or "in chronic cases" a report may be made to the Provost for a reference to the Hostel Discipline Committee for a minor punishment after due process.
ACTS OF INDISCIPLINE
10. The following will be acts of minor discipline:
(a) Impersonation, giving false information, willful suppression of information,
cheating or deceiving.
(b) Violation of public morals such as the use of indecent and filthy language,
undesirable remarks and gestures
(c) Playing of music, making noise or indulging in rowdy behavior or be a nuisance
which may cause inconvenience to other residents of hostel.
(d) Changing the duly allotted room without prior permission in writing from the
11. Following will be treated as serious acts of indiscipline eligible for warning major punishment or in case of cognizable offences action under law:
(a) Possession, custody or access to. liquor, drugs or intoxicants of any kind,
gambling application, lethal instruments of any description, explosive or fire arms.
(b) Causing damage to. furniture, fixtures of the hostel by any act of omission or
(c) Tempering with machinery or unauthorized use to. CIIT vehicles or removing
them from the custody of an authorized CIIT employee.
(d) Adding, abetting or facilitating trespass in the hostel by an unauthorized person
under any circumstances.
(e) Acts involving moral turpitude or cognizable offences.
(f) Defiance of authority and breach of discipline.
(g) Acts like abusing, quarreling fighting, insolence towards others, use of force.
(h) Indulgence in acts, which may cause insult or physical injury to. the students,
teachers, officers, staff of CIIT or any other person
(i) Spreading by words of mouth or written material religious, sectarian, ethnic,
regional, gender, or linguistic conflicts/hatred
j) Possession, carrying or use of a type of weapons/fire arms or explosive material within the CIIT premises including hostels.
(k) Damaging any CIIT property, including building, equipment, and vehicles etc, In
(I) Using any CIIT property including building, equipment, and vehicles etc,
without any authority.
(m) Sale, distribution or consumption of intoxicants on the hostels/campus.
(n) Circulation by word of mouth or in written form material derogatory to. Pakistan,
Islam or any other religion.
(o) Obstructing the functioning of the CIIT or causing disruption of peaceful
atmosphere and other activities in hostels
(p) Providing shelter to illegal/unauthorized occupants in hostel
FOOD SERVICES, HEALTH AND SANITATION
(a) Subject to. maintenance of proper standards of health and sanitation , food
services may be provided to. the residents of hostels under the supervision, control and direction of Provost through a Mess Committee to be constituted by the Provost under rules to be framed by him.
(b) Cleanliness, sanitation and anti-epidemic arrangements will be inspected
MAINTENANCE OF DISCIPLINE AND GOOD ORDER
13. In order to. maintain students' discipline in the hostels, the following shall be the Competent Authority:
(b) CIIT Discipline Committee
(c) Hostel Discipline Committee
14. The Hostel Discipline Committee shall be constituted by the Rector and consists of a Professor to be appointed by the Rector as Chairman, the Provost and two senior faculty members.
15. The Hostel Discipline Committee/Provost shall have the authority to impose punishment in case breach of discipline regarding minor offences committed within the hostel premises.
PROCEDURE FOR PROCESSING ACTS OF INDISPLINE
(a) Provost may impose a fine not exceeding Rs. 500/-on the spot for any act of indiscipline committed within the hostel premises or violation of hostel rules.
(b) The acts of discipline, which warrant imposition of major penalties/punishments,
will be reported by the Provost to the Officer In-charge of Students Affairs for processing by the CIIT Discipline Committee.
(c) For cases falling under the purview of the Hostel Discipline Committee, will
issue a show-cause notice to the student(s) charged with an act of indiscipline.
(d) The Hostel Discipline Committee will ensure that the student against whom
disciplinary proceedings have been initiated is given adequate opportunity to explain his /her conduct.
(e) The Hostel Discipline Committee may ask, if necessary, the student(s)
charged with an act of indiscipline to appear before the committee.
(t) In case the reply to the show-cause notice is not received within the specified
time, or if the resident concerned fails to appear before the committee when so required, the committee will take an ex-parte decision.
(g) In order to create an effect of deterrence against- acts of indiscipline, the
notification of the decision of punishment and penalties will be placed on the CIIT notice boards and where necessary, in the National press. A copy of the notification shall also be sent to:
1. Chairman of the department concerned.
2. Controller of Examination.
PUNISHMENTS OR PENALTY FOR ACTS OF INDISCIPLINE
17. Punishment or penalty for act of indiscipline shall be in accordance with the gravity of the case , and may include anyone or more of the following ,or any other as determined by the Discipline Committee.
(i) Minor Penalties/Punishments
(a) Censuring or warning in writing.
(b) Rustication from the hostel for a maximum period not exceeding one semester.
(c) A fine up to Rs. 2000/-
(d) Deprivation from the benefits/privileges enjoyed by the student(s).
(e) With holding of examination results
(ii) Major Penalties /Punishments
(a) Fine commensurate with nature and extent of misconduct.
(b) Cancellation of hostel accommodation.
(c) Cancellation of financial benefits/concessions.
(d) Suspension of admission and ban on entry in the premises of the CIIT for a specific period.
(e) Rustication from the CIIT for a specific period and ban on entry into the CIIT campus.
(f) Expulsion from the CIIT and ban on entry into the CIIT Campus.
(a) Students/residents are expected to develop the benefit of self discipline. They
shall not conduct themselves in a manner, which may interfere with the study and convenience of the fellow residents or injure their feelings. Nothing
can make social life pleasant except by loss courtesy and mutual consideration.
(b) Rooms shall be kept clean and tidy by the residents.
(c) The Residents are advised not to kept large sums of money with them.
The hostel authorities will not be responsible for any theft or loss of valuable/ornaments.
(d) Complaints, if any, against the misbehavior of bearers/sweepers should
be reported to the warden. Residents are not allowed to use abusive language or physical force against them.
(e) The lights in the rooms must be switched off when not in use.
(f) Residents are not allowed to take away Newspapers from the
Newspapers stand to their rooms.
(g) Guests for staying over night or providing shelter to an unauthorized
illegal outsider in the hostel is strictly prohibited.
(h) Use of electric heaters and air conditioners will not be allowed.
(I) F or the recreation of residents there is a common room in each hostel
where arrangements for indoor games are made. A committee to be constituted by the Provost shall be responsible for these activities.