Things you need to Know?
In order to maintain a closer contact with the student at individual level, to resolve issue and to develop mutual understanding, a unique system is adopted at CIIT Abbottabad campus. Each class has a teacher dedicated to them as their ‘Advisor’ hence striving to meet the following;
Role of advisors:
- The role of advisors is pivotal in academics management.
- They must develop effective problem solving skills.
- They should be able to kill the problem at its root.
- They should always be having effective liaison with their students.
- They should strive to win trust and faith of their students.
- Advisory sessions should be so interesting and effective that students wait for it.
- Conducive environment should be created in the class so that the students open their heart for the advisor.
- Be a fatherly figure and a role model for their class.
- They must develop an effective coordination with DOO/DC and HOD office.
- They must be having an updated knowledge of rules and regulations which are governing academics and discipline of students.
- Advisors should try to develop moral and ethical values of their students besides developing them fro the professional field.
What benefits can a student get after attending the advisory sessions?
- Every class has an advisor assigned to them and each week one lecture is specifically allotted for a full fledged advisory session.
- Students can get a number of issues settled through their advisors.
- Students get an opportunity to have an interactive session with the rest of the class.
- They can get any information regarding the rules and regulations of CIIT.
- Students can be a positive contributor with the advisor to the healthy environment of the campus.